Wednesday, July 26, 2017

#TeachMeetNZ Presentation



TeachMeetWikiSpaces My Profile

Teach Meet NZ, what a fantastic experience! I was asked by +Sonya Van Schaijik to present in term 2's #TeachMeetNZ on a topic I am passionate about. At First I was a bit hesitant and had no idea about google hangouts and presenting live to an audience over the internet. But my motto is to say yes and so I did.

I immediately knew what my topic was going to be. I feel passionate about personalised learning and worked long hours with @jessosullivan00 to create and introduce personalised goals on google docs for the children in our class.

The whole #TeachMeetNZ experience was fantastic professional development for myself. It made me reflect on how far we had come as two teachers working together in a Learning Studio of 50 kids with 1:1 iPads. How far our 5 and 6 year olds have come from their single cell classrooms the previous year to developing their mindset to a new modern learning approach to learning. I felt extremely proud and was excited about sharing this with my PLN.

Before the final #TeachMeetNZ presentation we had 3 practices with +Sonya Van Schaijik. Practising even the smallest things made a huge difference to my confidence on the final presentation. I felt more nervous during my practice presentation than I did during the final presentation. It was really interesting listening to other teachers discuss their passions. There was a clear theme throughout everyone's presentations of having high expectations for your students.

Thank you +Sonya Van Schaijik for this experience. I am definitely recommending it to my colleagues at New Lynn Primary.


No comments:

Post a Comment